Sunday 14 January 2018

#STOPBLUEMONDAY


The Canary Islands form the backdrop to overturn the phenomenon of Blue Monday and demystify the theory proposed by British psychologist Cliff Arnall, who determined in a study published in 2005 that the third Monday of the year is the most depressing day. To refute his conclusion and halter the forces of pessimism, the Canary Islands' tourist board has created the #StopBlueMonday initiative, which uses the archipelago's natural resources to show that the formula is mistaken and does not hold true in home of the "best climate in the world".
This year, Blue Monday falls on 18 January and the creator of the theory has visited Tenerife to join the movement to foster optimism and encourage "the creation of happiness everyday",
During his visit to the archipelago, the academic from the University of Cardiff remarked that "it's hard to imagine a place so charged with life just a few hours from the centre of Europe". Arnall admits that on the Canary Islands "it's impossible to feel depressed with so many bright, sunny days, brimming with the energy transmitted by the island's volcanoes and its revitalising natural environment".
CAN YOU WRITE YOUR COMMENT TO #STOPBLUEMONDAY?



9 comments:

  1. Mi new cousin was born 2 days ago. I´m so happy

    I´m Yanira

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only reason I can think of to not be sad in blue monday is being with friends

    I'm Yasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I know it's a sad day because it's moday,we didn' do new year's resolutions,it has been two weeks from christmas,etc.
    So it's normal to feel sad, but think about it!There are lots of reasons to be happy:you're healthy,you have friends,you have a family that loves you,you can eat food while other people can't,you have a house,you can go to school,and many others reasons.
    So be happy,think all you have,and be positive!!
    I'm Emma/Irene,2B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue Monday is not the saddest day because is a normal day like another.Stayig at school with friends and doing homework.The best part of this day is that only last 4 days for Friday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue Monday is a normal day like. The worst thing is that today is monday.
    I'm Gregory

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue Monday is not the saddest day because also is the Tuesday 13 that is saddest than the blue Monday.The best part of this day is that such as all the days I stay with my family and friends and if my friends and my family are happy I am also happy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blue monday is not sad because you are with your friends in a normal day at school, so I'm happy and my friends too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. It was not a blue monday because I had english lesson and I love it (╭☞ ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡͡°)╭☞ I'm Carlos Gil

    ReplyDelete